City maintenance is usually taken for granted as a background feature of cities, done in the quiet of night as part of engineer’s or waste collector’s secret business. Maintenance, done well, should however, be seen as part of the central and long-term planning of a city. It is crucial for the sustainability, vibrance, and liveability of good cities.
With these concerns to the fore, the Global Compact Cities Programme and the Global Cities Research Institute, RMIT, are sponsoring a major conference in Singapore. This event will be chaired by Paul James, Director of the Global Cities Research Institute.
- Councillor Stuart Drummond, Lord Mayor, Hartlepool Borough Council, United Kingdom
- Dato’ Ir Lim Chow Hock, Director, Hydrology and Water Resources Division, Department of Irrigation and Drainage, Ministry of Natural Resources, Malaysia
- Paul James, Director, United Nations Global Compact, Cities Programme and Director, Global Cities Research Institute, RMIT, Australia
- Christina Leifman, Head of Section/Strategic Planning, City Planning Administration of Stockholm, Sweden
- Rob Shields, Senior Advisor Community Safety, Auckland Council, New Zealand
- Timothy Curtis, Head of Culture Unit, UNESCO Bangkok, Thailand
- William Lau Hui Lay, President, Singapore Institute of Planners
- Bill Jones, ASEAN Director, Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), Singapore
- Dato’ Dr Ismail B Mohamed Taib, Managing Director & Chairman, Jambatan Kedua Malaysia (Penang II Bridge), Malaysia
- Ir Dorai Narayana, Head – Asset Management & Planning Services, Indah Water Konsortium, Malaysia
- Vijayakumar Raman, Landscaping Architect, DBKL ( Dewan Bandaraya Kuala Lumpur), Malaysia
- Prof Madya Ir Adnan Bin Zulkiple, Advisor, Highway and Transportation Engineering Technical Division, IEM, Malaysia
- Dr Ong Ghim Ping Raymond, Department of Civil Engineering, National University of Singapore, Honorary Secretary (2011-present), Pavement Engineering Society, Singapore
- Damian Tang, President, Singapore Institute of Landscape Architects
- Martin Lim, Executive Director & Principal Consultant, Metropolitan Green Design and Technology, Singapore
- Ronald Van Triest, Managing Director, Lemnis Lighting Asia, Singapore
Click here to download a pdf document for more information on the conference including session details.